Spam Text Messages, RoboCall Telemarketing, and Do Not Call Cases
Helping You Put an End to Illegal Telemarketing and Spam Text Messages
Are you fed up with being harassed by spam text messages or calls from telemarketers? There exist both federal and state laws that protect your privacy and the right to be free from these illegal marketing tactics.
Contact the team at Heyrich Kalish McGuigan PLLC, where our lawyers are ready to help you take legal action to fight spam text messages and annoying marketing calls. While not all commercial text messages and phone calls are illegal, many are prohibited by federal and state laws including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to not only stop the calls, but you also could be entitled to recover monetary damages.
The attorneys of our firm have litigated cases in numerous different courts across the United States. We encourage you to contact us for help regardless of where you live. Our legal team includes lawyers who are listed in the national publication Best Lawyers in America, have earned the prestigious 10/10 score on attorney rating website Avvo.com, and have the distinction of inclusion in the
Super Lawyers® list. We are prepared to take on even the most challenging cases. Whether you will be filing an individual claim or if you will be joining a class action lawsuit, we offer
free case evaluations to help you determine
whether you have a case and to assist you in making informed legal decisions. We know how frustrating it can be to live with incessant phone calls and unsolicited text messages. We can take action to protect your privacy and possibly get you monetary recovery.
Do you have a case?
Recovering monetary damages from a company sending you unwanted text messages or unwanted marketing calls depends on whether the marketing practices violate your legal rights. There are potential legal claims for sending text messages, junk faxes, improper telemarketing to cell phones, robotic calling, and
Do Not Call violations without your consent. You also may be able to take legal action over
collection calls if you have been subjected to certain behaviors which are prohibited under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Notable Cases We Are Litigating
We currently are counsel in the following spam text message cases, many of which are class actions:
- Agne et al. v. Papa John's et al. - Action regarding spam text messages sent to Papa John's customers across the United States.
- In re Jiffy Lube International, Inc. Text Spam Litigation - Action regarding unsolicited text messages advertising oil change services.
- Hickey et al v. Voxernet et al. - Action regarding unsolicited text messages inviting users to download the Voxer application for smart phones.
- Gragg et al. v. RideCharge & Taxi Magic et al. - Action concerning commercial text messages advertising the Taxi Magic application for smart phones.
- Savage et al. v. Beacon Plumbing and Text My Market - Action regarding unsolicited commercial text messages advertising plumbing services.
- LeDorze et al. v. YouMail, Inc. - Action regarding unsolicited text messages advertising the YouMail application for smart phones.
- Barr et al. v. Sales Escalator et al. - Action concerning unsolicited commercial text message advertisements.
Congress has established statutory penalties for each and every message you receive in the range of $500-$1,500, as well as injunctive relief to prevent further harm to you and other consumers. The United States Supreme Court has also affirmed that these cases may proceed in federal court, often as class actions. Don't hesitate to contact us to determine whether you have grounds for legal action and monetary recovery and to take the first steps toward ensuring your rights are protected. All you have to do is bring the matter to us, and we will take on the responsibility of building your case, assembling the necessary evidence, and upholding your rights.